1) To cancel a tournament registration – e-mail email@example.com with player name and tournament name/date.
2) In the event of a cancellation, funds will be returned to credit card used to make the purchase. ALL REFUNDS will be subjected to a $25 cancellation fee, per player, per entry.
3) TJGT Membership – TJGT memberships (full season, partial season) are non-refundable 24 hours after purchase.
4) Open Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM (Noon), 5 days before the event (Ex: Monday at 12 PM (Noon) before a Sat-Sun tournament). Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the below requirements is met:
- Significant injury or illness to player (note from doctor required) preventing play on event dates
- Death of immediate family member or close friend
- Qualification for national-level tournament (AJGA, USGA) or adult state amateur event. This does not include qualifiers, only the tournament themselves. Junior state-level tournaments and other local junior tour events are not included. The Texas State Junior is the one exception. Note – official tournament rounds must overlap at least one day to be eligible. Travel days are not counted in this exception.
- COVID-19 quarantine/exposure. Any player that is forced to quarantine due to possible COVID-19 exposure (either by school or otherwise) will be permitted a credit refund back to their player account for future use. Note – documentation of the exposure/quarantine must be provided, and the quarantine must cover at least 1 of the tournament dates. “Inability to practice” does not qualify for a Quarantine Refund.
5) For Elite Series events – Refund request deadline is 12 PM (Noon), 10 days before the event. Once the deadline has passed, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, unless one of the requirements outlined above is met.
6) 24 Hours Before An Event – No refunds will be given, regardless of reason, after 7 AM the day before an event. By this time, pairings have been set and courses have been informed of guaranteed player counts. Exceptions may be made if a player were to qualify for a USGA or AJGA event via winning/placing high in a qualifier that takes place within the 24-hour window. We ask that any player participating in a qualifier within the 24-hour window of a TJGT event notify TJGT officials in advance (if possible).
Please note, simple failure to notify TJGT of participation in an AJGA/USGA event until after the 24 hour deadline will not qualify under the refund exception listed above. Players are expected to notify TJGT officials of their cancellation of a tournament immediately upon discovering a schedule conflict and not wait until the last minute.
Other Circumstances – Any player that is experiencing an unexpected or unique circumstance not outlined in the above exceptions may send a Refund Appeal Request to firstname.lastname@example.org for committee review. The appeal must thoroughly detail the reason why the player is unable to compete beyond the refund deadline. Please be specific and provide as much information as possible as to the extenuating circumstances preventing the player from participating.
All appeals must be received no later than 5PM on the day of the final round of the tournament. Any appeal received after this deadline will not be considered.
A tournament that completes 18 holes by players within a division (boys 15-18, boys 11-14, girls 15-18, girls 11-14) is deemed a completed tournament by most ranking services, and therefore scores will be sent to those services (NJGS, AJGA, GJGR, etc.) In the event of an entire round being canceled and zero holes played for all divisions, all players will be issued a tour credit refund of $60 for an Open Series event and $75 for an Elite Series event. In the event of a complete cancellation, full tournament refunds will be returned.
Please allow up to 10 business days for all refunds to be returned.